Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Rolled Paper Preview in Photoshop


This tutorial will show you how to make a rolled paper preview in Photoshop.  This tutorial was written in Photoshop CS3.  It requires the plugin Mura Meister's Stripe of Cylinder.

Supplies:

Mura Meister's Stripe of Cylinder

1.  Open up the papers that you want to preview in Photoshop.  For this tutorial, I am using five of my papers from my Funkadelic kit.

2.  Select your first paper.  This is your Primary Canvas.

3.  In that image, create a new layer.  I named it Rolled Preview.


4.  Apply Mura Meister's Stripe of Cylinder plugin to the layer.  Number defaults to 3.  Change it to match the number of papers that will be previewed.


5.  Choose your second paper. Select All (Ctrl + A) and Copy (Ctrl + C).


6.  Go back to your Primary Canvas.  In the layer palette, select the Background layer.


7.  Paste (Ctrl + V).  The second paper is now between the Background Layer and the Rolled Preview Layer.


8.  Select the Move Tool, if it isn't already selected.


9.  Move the second paper over so that it is situated under the second stripe.


10.  Select your next paper.  Select All (Ctrl + A) and Copy (Ctrl + C).

11.  Go back to your first paper and Paste (Ctrl + V).  This will place the new paper between the last paper and the Rolled Preview layer.


12.  Move the layer so that it is under the next stripe.


13.  Repeat steps 10-12 until all the papers have been placed on the Primary Canvas.


The rolled paper preview is now complete.

10 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your tutorials. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Smokes! Just found your blog today. WOW! Can't wait to check it all out. I've been unemployed for 14 months and can't afford to buy supplied so I definitely appreciate you people who do these wonderful freebies for us. Please keep 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 1 post on Dec. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! THANKS so much!!This is TOTALLY COOL!! I am now have to go make paper so to play with this one.... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this tutorial :) I can make a paper preview now. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this affect...however it will not open in PSCS2...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This plugin is not Photoshop version limited. However, it does not work in Windows Vista or Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete