Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
White Wooden Lattice Tutorial
1. Open a new transparent canvas. I used 600 x 600.
2. Using the Eye Candy 5 Textures: Weave plugin, create a seamless tiling lattice.
Pattern = Plain
Texture Orientation = 45
Ribbon Width = 40.00
Ribbon Color = Solid Colors
Horizontal Ribbon Color = White
Vertical Ribbon Color = White
Gap Width = 75.00
Gap Fill = Make Gaps Transparent
Shadow Strength = 10
Seamless Tile = Checked
Thread Detail = 25
Thread Smear = 25.00
Distortion = 0
Edge Roughness = 0
3. Add a drop shadow (Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow).
Vertical = 0
Horizontal = 2
Opacity = 100
Blur = 5.00
Color = Black
Shadow on new layer = Unchecked
4. Notice that the crossover regions of the lattice do not have a drop shadow.
5. To add shadow to the crossover regions, select part of the latticework next to a crossover region. I tried the make the selection the same length as the crossover region and the same width as the shadow.
6. Feather the selection by 1 (Ctrl + H).
7. Copy the selection and then paste the selection on all the crossover regions.
8. To fill in the crossover regions which are cross-wise, paste the selection (Ctrl+E), rotate (Ctrl+R) it 90 degrees to the left and copy the selection.
9. Now paste the selection on the remaining crossover regions.
The completed seamless lattice. This is a 600 x 600, 300 dpi seamless tile. Feel free to download it and use it.