Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Parchment Texture in Photoshop



I wanted to see how easy or hard it would be to make a parchment texture in Paint Shop Pro versus Photoshop.

Photoshop comes with a parchment paper action. So, I guess you can say that it is far easier to make a parchment texture in Photoshop than Paint Shop Pro.

1. Open a new canvas. For paper, make it 3600 x 3600 at 300 dpi.

2. Go to the actions tab and select Parchment Paper under Textures. If the textures actions are not loaded, then Load Actions and find Textures.atn. It will be located in the Actions folder inside the Presets folder in your Adobe Photoshop folder. Or, if you can click the Textures button near the bottom of the menu. This will also load the default textures. Do not click it multiple times or the textures will be loaded multiple times.



3. Run the action and you have a piece of parchment.

4. Taking apart the action, parchment is quite simple in Photoshop. First, you set your foreground color to R:204 G:191 B:167 and your background color to R:181 G:157 B:115.

5. Next, apply the Clouds effect (Filter > Render > Clouds).


6. Apply Texturizer (Filter > Texture > Texturizer) with the following settings:



Texture = Canvas
Scaling = 71%
Relief = 1
Light = Top Left

No comments:

Post a Comment