Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Saving an Action

This tutorial covers the few brief steps necessary to save a Photoshop action to a file.

1.  Select the set of actions that you wish to save by clicking on it.  A set of actions has a file folder icon next to it.  You can only save a set of actions, not an individual action.  Of course, a set could only have a single action in it.

2.  Click the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the palette.  In CS2, this is a triangle in a circle.


3.  This brings up the action menu.  Select Save Actions.



4.  This will bring up a file browser where you can move to a folder where you want to save the action.  I save mine in My Documents > Adobe > Actions.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [13 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah and here it is...the important but small detail which I keep missing LOL

    "Select the set of actions that you wish to save by clicking on it. A set of actions has a file folder icon next to it. You can only save a set of actions, not an individual action. Of course, a set could only have a single action in it."

    That is actually how I did ebd up doing it anyway - but I just felt sure that I should be able to save a single action. NOw I know though I'll stop looking for the impossible! Cheers again for your help.

    ReplyDelete