Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Puffy Felt Tutorial


I've been playing with felt for awhile and I finally decided that I liked this puffy felt best. If you need a felt texture for this tutorial, you can get one here.

1. Open a new transparent image and draw a vector letter or shape. For this tutorial, I opened a 600 x 600 image and used a preset shape as a new vector layer.



2. Open the felt texture. Fill the transparent layer below the vector layer with the felt texture. In my case, this is Raster 1.



3. Change the Layer Properties of the vector layer to Overlay.



4. Make sure the Vector Layer is the active layer by clicking on it. Then, make a selection from the vector object, Selections > From Vector Object (Ctrl + Shift + B).



5. Merge the two layers.

6. Feather the selection by 5 (Selections > Modify > Feather).



7. Invert the selection and then press the delete key to clear the selection.



8. Select None (Ctrl+D).

9. Apply the Inner Bevel. The width should be something that fits the size of your shape. Adjust it until you are happy with what you see.



Bevel = 7
Width = 31 (adjust to fit the size of your shape)
Smoothness = 0
Depth = 10
Ambience = 10
Shininess = 1
Color = White
Angle = 315
Intensity = 30
Elevation = 50

9. Apply the Inner Bevel a second time, changing the Bevel to the round shape.



Bevel = 2
Width = 31 (adjust to fit the size of your shape)
Smoothness = 0
Depth = 10
Ambience = 10
Shininess = 1
Color = White
Angle = 315
Intensity = 30
Elevation = 50



Your puffy felt shape is now complete. Anything you make from this tutorial is yours to do with as you see fit.

7 comments:

  1. Great tutorial. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog post will be shared on the
    CU Freebies Only Forum
    Friday May 8th 2009!
    in this topic
    Tutorials
    Your Place to find Commercial Use Scrap Booking Freebies!
    Thanks For Sharing your Time and Talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Hun give me til this weekend and I'll be more than happy to send a donation to your paypal so you can get your plugin. I know that as much fun as it is to make beautiful creations as you do, it can be quite costly. Hugs,Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! I have a blog award for you.

    ReplyDelete