Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Candy Corn



This is how I made the candy corn shape that I used in my 13 Days of Halloween alpha set.  Once the shape is complete, you can make it fuzzy or glossy using Eye Candy or apply any other effect/plugin.

1.  Open up a new canvas.  Mine is 300 x 300 since I wanted to use my candy corn for an alpha.

2.  For your background material, select the Candy Corn gradient.  This gradient came with my copy of PSP.  If you do not have this gradient, please leave a comment.  If enough people comment, I will upload the gradient.


Angle = 0
Repeats = 0
Invert = Unchecked
Style = Linear

3.  Use the circle or ellipse tool and draw out a circle.



Show nodes = Checked
Anti-alias = Checked

4.  Switch to the Pen Tool (or the Pick Tool in PSP X and up).  Select the node on the left side of the circle.



5.  Drag the left node down to the bottom of the canvas.



6.  Select the node on the right side of the circle.



6.  Drag the right node down to the bottom of the canvas.



7.  Shorten the length of the right handle by clicking on one end of the handle and pushing it toward the node.



8.  Select the left handle a second time.



9.  Shorten the left handle.  This curves the bottom of the candy corn so that it looks rounded.



The basic candy corn shape is now complete.  Convert the vector layer to a raster layer and apply effects!  I used Eye Candy 5 Impact: Glass.  You can download the preset if you wish to duplicate my effect.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 02 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 03 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortuantely those of us using Macs cannot use PSP. I wish someone could make a script for Photoshop for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Nov. 03, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete