Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bracket Mat in Photoshop


Since I wrote the tutorial on the bracket frame, I thought I would take it one step further and show how to make a mat or journalling tag from the existing frame shape.

Complete steps 1-14 of the bracket frame in Photoshop tutorial.  If people feel it is necessary, I can copy and paste those steps into this tutorial.  Leave a comment if you want me to do this.

15.  With the Magic Wand Tool, select the interior of the frame.  Make sure that 'Contiguous' and 'Sample All Layers' are checked.

Selection Option = New
Tolerance = 32
Anti-alias = Checked
Contiguous = Checked
Sample All Layers = Checked

16.  Increase the size of the selection by 5 (Select > Modify > Expand).


17.  Create a new raster layer (Shift + Ctrl + N).

18.  Use the paint bucket to fill the selection with your existing color.






19.  Ctrl + Shift + E to Merge Visible.

20.  Ctrl + D to Deselect.

21.  The bracket mat shape is now complete.  If you are happy with the color, then you are done.  Otherwise, create a new layer and fill with a color, gradient or pattern of your choice.  Or drag in a paper to form a new layer.


22.  Right-click on the new layer and select 'Create Clipping Mask'.


23.  The new color, gradient or pattern is now clipped to the bracket mat shape and the mat is complete.  Or, add some lines and use it as a journalling tag.

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete