Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Felt Texture Tutorial



This tutorial will show you how to create your own felt-like texture. You may use this texture in conjunction with my puffy felt tutorial to create your own puffy felt letters and shapes.

Supplies Required:
Eye Candy 5: Textures

1. Open a new canvas, 600 x 600.

2. Fill the canvas with your choice of a color, gradient or pattern. If you want to make traditional dark green felt use #008000.

3. Open the Animal Fur plugin from Eye Candy 5: Textures and apply the following settings:



Pattern
Pattern Type = Original Image
Draw Outside Selection = Unchecked
Seamless Tile = Checked
Random Seed = Any Number

Hairs
Main Hair Direction = 90
Hair Length = 6.00
Wave Strength = 0
Wave Spacing = 30.00
Stiffness = 0

Lighting
Direction = 120
Inclination = 25
Highlight Brightness = 50
Highlight Size = 50
Highlight Color = White
Shadow Strength = 50

The texture is now complete. The texture can be converted to greyscale for use with my puffy felt tutorial or used as a pattern for an element. I made a flower. You may download this flower and use it, if you wish.

1 comment: