Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Keeping a Message at the Top of Your Blog
1. The basic blogger template (such as Minima) does not allow you to keep a message at the top of your body section or in your header. To change this, go to Layout > Edit HTML so that you can edit your template.
2. Go into the Edit Template window and scroll down the template until you find the section for the main-wrapper.
3. Find the word, showaddelement.
4. Change the 'no' to 'yes'.
5. Save your template by clicking 'Save Template'.
6. Go to Layout > Page Elements.
7. Click Add a Gadget and then add whatever you want, such as a text message or a link. As long as the gadget (in my case a donate and thank you message) is above the section labelled Blog Posts, it will remain at the top of your blog.