Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Keeping a Message at the Top of Your Blog

I've been asked at least a dozen times how I keep my donate button at the top of my blog.  As I have gotten tired of re-writing the answer, I am going to put it here so that I can cut and paste it into my emails.

1.  The basic blogger template (such as Minima) does not allow you to keep a message at the top of your body section or in your header.  To change this, go to Layout > Edit HTML so that you can edit your template.



2.  Go into the Edit Template window and scroll down the template until you find the section for the main-wrapper.




3.  Find the word, showaddelement.



4.  Change the 'no' to 'yes'.



5.  Save your template by clicking 'Save Template'.

6.  Go to Layout > Page Elements.


Originally, this page will show an area that says Blog Posts.  After you have made the changes to your template, the Blog Posts area will have an Add a Gadget link at the top.



7.  Click Add a Gadget and then add whatever you want, such as a text message or a link.  As long as the gadget (in my case a donate and thank you message) is above the section labelled Blog Posts, it will remain at the top of your blog.

2 comments:

  1. didn't work for me :-(
    but I'm using a custom template, maybe that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a custom template, you can always expand the widgets and edit the template manually to add a text widget to the top of the main-wrapper.

    ReplyDelete