Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Flat Cardboard


I feel that the easiest way to make flat cardboard is to use Filters Unlimited. It has a cardboard texture and it is just wonderful.



However, if you do not have Filters Unlimited, then I worked out a way to make flat cardboard. This tutorial will show you how to make a seamless 2 inch piece of flat cardboard which can then be used for other projects.

1. Open a new canvas 600 x 600 at 300 dpi.

2. Fill the canvas with a light brown color, #dac3b2.

3. Apply the blinds effect.



Width = 50
Opacity = 100
Color = #bd9171
Horizontal = Checked
Light from left/top = Checked

4. Add noise (Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise) to give the cardboard some texture.

Gaussian = Checked
Noise = 10
Monochrome = Checked

4. Soften the focus so that the cardboard appears to be lightly textured.

Softness = 100
Edge importance = 100
Include scattered light = Checked
Amount = 50
Halo size = 50
Halo visibility = 50

5. Finally, turn the image into a seamless tile.

Tiling method = Mirror
Direction = Horizontal
Horizontal offset = 0
Width = 50
Transition = 50

The flat cardboard is now complete and can be used for papers, tags and other projects.


I am including a flat cardboard script which makes a 2 inch x 2 inch piece of seamless flat cardboard. You can easily modify the script to make a 12 inch x 12 inch piece of cardboard, but if you do not have enough memory, then the script will run very slowly. It is much faster to make the small seamless cardboard tile and then fill a larger canvas. Since I wrote this script while writing the tutorial, it has not been tested in other versions of PSP. If you get this script to work in another version of PSP, please leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 3 post on Sep. 02, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Spencer....love your scripts.

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tuts are great!
    Tnx for share. :-)
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete