1. First, it is necessary to generate the curved path on which the text will sit. The easiest way to do this is to create a circle or an ellipse using the Ellipse Tool. Make sure that 'Paths' is selected in the tool bar.
2. Select the Text Tool. This tutorial covers the location of the text when the text is Centered, so make 'Center Text' is selected.
3. Hover the Text Tool over the Path. The tool should develop a curved line through it.
4. Click on the path and a blinking cursor should appear. You can now type your text.
Here are examples as to what happens depending on where you click.
5. In the Path tab, highlight the Work Path and then click the trashcan to delete it.
The curved text is now complete.