Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Text on a Path

I have used paths to curve text in previous tutorials, but I thought I would go through the steps to make very simple curved text in Photoshop.

1.  First, it is necessary to generate the curved path on which the text will sit.  The easiest way to do this is to create a circle or an ellipse using the Ellipse Tool.  Make sure that 'Paths' is selected in the tool bar.



2.  Select the Text Tool.  This tutorial covers the location of the text when the text is Centered, so make 'Center Text' is selected.


 3.  Hover the Text Tool over the Path.  The tool should develop a curved line through it.


 4.  Click on the path and a blinking cursor should appear.  You can now type your text.


Here are examples as to what happens depending on where you click.

Top

Left

Right

Bottom

5.  In the Path tab, highlight the Work Path and then click the trashcan to delete it.


The curved text is now complete.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tutorial.
    Thank you so much.

    Bitte

    ReplyDelete