I made screen shots of how I drew my acorn for my Fall is in the Air kit. So, I thought I would share it so that people could draw their own acorns.
1. Select the pen tool and go to Draw Lines. Make sure Connect Segments, Show Nodes and Create on Vector are checked.
2. Draw out a straight line. My canvas is 600 x 600 if you want to be able to copy my distances.
2. Select a point in the middle of the bottom of the canvas so that a triangle is created.
3. Close off the shape by clicking the close contour button.
4. Add a node on the right side near the point of the triangle.
5. Add a node on the left side near the point of the triangle.
6. Grab the left handle and pull it out the same distance as the node is from the point.
7. Grab the handle for the node to the right of the point and move it out the same distance as the node to the left of the point. This creates the nub at the bottom of the acorn.
8. Now drag the right handle out so that it is parallel to the bottom of the canvas and the pull the handle so that it reaches almost to the edge of the acorn.
9. Now drag the left handle out so that it is parallel to the bottom of the canvas and the pull the handle so that it reaches almost to the edge of the acorn. The nut portion of the acorn is now complete.
10. Go the the ellipse tool and draw out an ellipse. Right click and select convert to path.
11. Go to the node on the left side of the ellipse. Left click on the node and change the Node Type to Line After.
12. Go to the node on the right side of the ellipse. Left click on the node and change the Node Type to Line Before.
13. Select the node at the bottom of the ellipse and pull it down.
14. Add nodes along the bottom of the cap at positions 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7.
15. Push the nodes up at positions 2, 4, and 6. The cap shape is now complete.
16. Create a stem for the acorn with the rectangle tool.
17. Grab the upper right corner of the rectangle and push it toward the upper middle to round the edges of the rectangle.
18. Go to the Object Selection Tool (or Pick Tool), press the Shift key and drag the upper right hand corner of the rounded rectangle to the right to give it a slant.
19. Press the Ctrl key and push the bottom of the rectangle in to narrow it.
20. Press the Ctrl key and pull the top of the rectangle out to widen it. The stem is now complete.
To decorate the acorn, change the material for the different shapes or convert to raster to apply bevels and shadows.