Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Adding Messages to Actions

A member of my group made an action out of my twill tape tutorial and asked me to share it with everyone.  I thought this would be a good opportunity to write a tutorial to show how to add messages to a pre-existing action. 

1.  Record the action or load the action.

2.  Select the step in the action prior to the step which needs the message.  For example, I want to add a message on fill color.  So, I select the step before the Fill command in the action.


3.  Select the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the actions palette.  This is a triangle in a circle in CS2.


4.  This will produce the actions menu.  Select Insert Stop from the menu.


5. A dialog will appear where you can type the text of the message box.  Type your text then click OK.


5.  In the actions palette, a Stop step has been inserted before the command that needs the message (in my case, the Fill command).



6. Now when the action runs, a message box will appear the Fill command to ask the user to set the foreground color and then press play.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [13 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another perfect tutorial.
    All your tutorials are so easy to follow with an explanatory text and image.

    Greetings from Sweden.
    Bitte

    ReplyDelete