Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Adding Messages to Actions
1. Record the action or load the action.
2. Select the step in the action prior to the step which needs the message. For example, I want to add a message on fill color. So, I select the step before the Fill command in the action.
3. Select the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the actions palette. This is a triangle in a circle in CS2.
4. This will produce the actions menu. Select Insert Stop from the menu.
5. A dialog will appear where you can type the text of the message box. Type your text then click OK.
5. In the actions palette, a Stop step has been inserted before the command that needs the message (in my case, the Fill command).
6. Now when the action runs, a message box will appear the Fill command to ask the user to set the foreground color and then press play.