Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Saving Custom Shapes in Photoshop

Since I had to save the gingerbread people shapes that I made in my creating custom shapes tutorial, I figured that I would document how I did it.

1.  Assuming you have custom shapes that you want to save, with the custom shape tool selected, click the triangle/arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the custom shape drop-down menu.  This will bring up a menu where you can choose the Preset Manager.



2.  Click the first shape that you want to save.  Press the shift key and then click the last shape that you want to save or press Ctrl and then click if the shapes are not all together.  Click Save Set.



3.  A dialog will appear that will ask you to give the shape set a name.  Also pick a location for saving. .  I save my shapes in My Documents > Adobe > Custom Shapes.



The shapes are now saved.



Here are my gingerbread custom shapes for Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 04 Jan [LA 03:00pm, NY 06:00pm, UK 11:00pm] - 05 Jan [OZ 10:00am]).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete