Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Friday, September 26, 2008

About the Pixel Pusher

Paint Shop Pro and I have been good friends since version 3.0 when it was still owned by Jasc software and Windows 3.1 was still the operating system of choice if you weren't a diehard DOS user. I believe 3.11 came out in 1995, so I started making graphics sometime before then, but I can no longer remember the exact time. I used 3.11 for a long time before upgrading to 6.02 in 2000 or so. PSP 6.02 is the first program I paid for out of my own pocket. I upgraded to 9.0 in 2004 just after Corel bought Jasc. I am now on 9.01, so you can see that I stay with a version for a long time before upgrading.

I have used Photoshop since 5.0 and I have never liked it as much as Paint Shop Pro. I am currently using Photoshop CS3 when necessary. I am familiar with Illustrator CS and Macromedia Freehand 10. I also use GIMP and ImageMagick.

I started making web graphics for my own web page, then to share with others. At some point I started making graphic alphabets. Then, in 2005, I discovered that there were Yahoo groups where people shared alphabets and I joined a few. Then, I discovered that people wanted me to share the alphabets that I had been making for years and years. So, I did and I have been doing so ever since. I even started my own group so that any willing soul could receive my alphabets as soon as I made them. Crazy, no?

Recently, I started the Humbug Graphics Galore blog because I wanted to explore digital scrap, but as you can see I have been making graphics far longer than digi-scrapping has been around. I make a lot of alphabets because I'm obsessed with them, but hopefully I will make other stuff as well. Everything posted on this blog is either made completely by me or from items which are designated as commercial use ok. Items which are sent via email in the alphabet group may contain graphics created by others.

You may contact me at spencer . aloysius at gmail . com. Please replace spaces and symbols as appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, We are trying to do the tutorial you did on Coloring a JPEG Overlay In Photoshop and are having a difficult time. When we do step #4, then click ok, it comes back and says "no pixels are more than 50% selected. The selection edges will be visible. Even all the way through it comes back and says this. What are we doing wrong? Kathy @ beaddiva1@cox.net
    BTW, if I could afford to help you out financially to get your computer back up and running I would. I love your stuff. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete