Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Clipping Mask Template

This tutorial is for designers wishing to create Photoshop templates which can be used by others.  It goes through the steps for placing a clipping mask over a an element on a layer so that other people can add their own color, pattern or paper.

1.  Open a new canvas.

2.  Create your element on the canvas.  It can be any color as the clipping mask will hide it.  I am using the Japanese floral design from my Vector Tracing tutorial which I pasted in as a smart object.



3.  Optional.  Add any layer styles to the element that you wish such as inner shadow, inner glow, drop shadow or bevel.


4.  Add a New Layer (Layers > New > Layer) with Use Previous Layer to Create Clipping Mask checked.  I called mine paper.



5.  The clipping mask has now been created above the element.  The clipping mask 'layer' can now be filled with a color, pattern or paper.


Here is the image after a paper was pasted into the clipping mask layer.


The template can now be saved in PSD format and distributed to others.

15 comments:

  1. I love your Tuts I am always learning something new when I do one of them so Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to found it! Helpful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you explained the topic very well. The contents have provided meaningful information thanks for sharing info .
    image masking service provider

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Japanese floral design of Clipping Mask Template is innovative and it has given me very sharp idea regarding Clipping Mask Template.Thanks for posting this.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting tutorial on how to make Clipping MaskTemplate. I’ve just now starting to pay attention to the tutorial on my blog ...Thanks for sharing your talent and expertise! Very detailed and well thought out....

    clipping path


    ReplyDelete
  6. I am proud of your site, & interested.Among all overseas companies Clipping United
    service
    that offers photo editing service, why choose us to outsource the services for you?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photoshop tutorial for create clipping mask template . Easy to learn and especially very helpful for beginner .
    Remove white Background | Product Photo Editing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This information is critically needed, Many many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. clipping mask photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing!
    deep etching service
    clippingpath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! nice tutorial. it absolutely great post for us.it very helpful and informative .For that many many thanks.
    Photo Editing

    ReplyDelete