Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
How to Scale Layer Effects
1. Here is the text before the layer styles are scaled.
I got this style from DeviantArt and it should look like the top example.
2. In the layer palette, go to the layer that has layer styles. Click the fx button to expand the layer styles if they are not already expanded.
3. Right-click on the word Effects or any of the layer styles to bring up the layer style menu. Select Scale Effects.
4. Either move the slider or type in a number into the box to re-size the layer effects.
5. Make sure that Preview is checked so that you can see the result of your changes before clicking ok. I reduced this style 40%.
Here is the re-scaled layer effect and there isn't any need to change the pixel sizes of the individual styles.
Words of Caution: Upon pressing ok, all the layer styles in the effect are re-scaled (including pattern overlays). The new scale becomes the baseline off the image, so if you click Scale Layer Effects a second time, the number in the box will say 100%. Therefore, if you want to return to your old scale, you must re-apply the original style, undo, or move the slider in the box. In this example, I would have to move the slider to the right and increase the scale factor by 250% to return to the original scale.