Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tracing Images in Illustrator
1. Open a new canvas in Illustrator. I made mine 3600 x 3600 because that will be the size of my final image.
2. Paste your clipart onto the canvas.
3. Go to Object > Live Trace > Make. This will trace the object with the default settings.
Or you can select Live Trace from the toolbar.
4. Once the object has been traced, the trace menu will be available. Select the Black and White Logo preset for a better trace. Or you can go under the Edit menu and select Tracing Presets to change the preset.
5. Re-scale the image easily by changing the values for Width and Height. The image will scale without blurriness as the trace is a vector. I copied the enlarged image and pasted it into Photoshop.
6. Optional. Expand the trace with the Expand button if you wish to use the pen tool to modify the vector or if you want to divide the vector into smaller components.
Once the trace has been expanded, the pen tool can be used to move anchors.