Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Adding a Color Picker Pop-Up to Actions
1. Record the action with the Fill command and then skip to step 6.
2. Or, Insert the Fill command with the Insert Menu Item from the Actions menu (read the original message box tutorial if you have problems finding the actions menu) by first clicking "Insert Menu Item" after opening up the actions menu.
3. A pop-up will appear stating that you need to select a menu item with the mouse.
4. Click the Edit menu and select Fill.
5. The pop up will now change to show that the Fill command has been selected. Click OK to insert the step into your action.
6. Select the step before the Fill command.
7. Select Insert Stop from the Actions menu.
8. In the pop-up box that appears, write a message for the user. Make sure that Allow Continue is checked.
This will cause the following message to show up when the action is run.
When the user selects continue, then the Fill pop-up will appear and by selecting color in the dropdown menu, the color picker palette will appear and it will be possible to choose a color.