Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Easy Journal Blocks


This tutorial will show you how to quickly make journal blocks using preset shapes that come with Photoshop.

1.  Go to the Preset Shapes Tool and choose a preset shape.  I am using the Frame shapes which come with Photoshop.  If they are not loaded, you can load them by clicking the triangle and then selecting 'Frames' from the dropdown menu.


If prompted to replace, click 'OK' to replace or click 'Append' to add them to the existing shapes.


2.  I am using Frame 04.  Set the color to black (because all the journal block examples I saw on the internet were black).


3.  Draw out the shape.


4.  In the Path palette, select the shape layer if it isn't selected and then click the button for 'Load Path as a Selection'.


5.  Shift + Ctrl + I to invert the selection.

6.  In the Path palette, click the button for 'Make work path from Selection'.


7.  Select the text tool and hover in the empty middle of the shape.  The tool should develop a circle.


8.  Select a font that has an underscore (some free fonts on the internet may not).  I chose Tahoma.  Set the color to black.


9.  Type the underscore multiple times to create lines. If the lines go too close to the edge of the shape, then hit return then continue typing the underscore character for the next line.



10.  In the Path palette, select the work path and then click the trash can to delete it.  The journaling block is now complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment