Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bracket Mat


Since I wrote the tutorial on the bracket frame, I thought I would take it one step further and show how to make a mat or journalling tag from the existing frame shape. 

Complete steps 1-19 of the bracket frame tutorial.  If people feel it is necessary, I can copy and paste those steps into this tutorial.  Leave a comment if you want me to do this.

20.  Select the Magic Wand Tool.

Mode = Add
Match Mode = Opacity
Tolerance = 10
Sample Merged = Checked
Contiguous = Unchecked
Feather = 0
Anti-alias = Unchecked

21.  Select the empty center of the frame with the Magic Wand.


22.  Choose 'Remove Specks and Holes' in the Selections Menu (Selections > Modify > Remove Specks and Holes) to remove the few gaps between the section chosen with the magic wand and the original selection.

Remove Specks and Holes = Checked
Square area smaller than = 50 x 1 pixels

23.  Choose 'Recover Anti-alias' in the Selections Menu (Selections > Modify > Recover Anti-alias) to re-create the smooth edges that disappeared when specks and holes were removed.


Sample merged = Checked
Result on New Layer = Unchecked
Anti-alias = Inside

24.  Select the Fill Bucket and fill the selection with the color, gradient or pattern of your choice.


25.  Now, you can hide the original vector layer and the bracket mat is complete.  Or, add some lines and it can be used for journalling.


1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete