This tutorial will show you how to make a twill fabric ribbon with a knobby weave in Paint Shop Pro.
1. Open a new canvas 3600 wide by 150 high.
2. Fill the canvas with a color of your choice (I used #7996bd).
3. Apply the halftone effect (Effects > Artistic Effects > Halftone), choosing an ink color that is a dark shade of your original color (I used #2c3c5e). To make broader stripes, increase the size. Use only even numbers.
Size = 8
Screen angles = 60
Use as overlay = Checked
Blend mode = Normal
Opacity = 100
Color Scheme = Greyscale
Ink = #2c3c5e
Transparent = Checked
4. Duplicate the layer (Layers > Duplicate).
5. Increase the canvas size (Image > Canvas Size) to 300 pixels in height.
Height = 300
Top = 0
Bottom = 150
Left = 0
Right = 0
6. Flip the layer (Ctrl + I).
7. Merge the layers (Layers > Merge > Merge Visible).
8. Apply the blinds effect. Make the width the same value as the size as in the halftone effect.
Opacity = 50
Color = Black
Horizontal = Checked
Light from left/top = Checked
9. Add noise (Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise) .
Noise = 30
Monochrome = Checked
10. Adjust > Blur > Average.
Filter Aperture = 3
11. Go to the selection tool and make a custom selection.
Left = 0
Right = 3600
Top = 75
Bottom = 225
12. Mirror the selection (Ctrl + M).
13. Ctrl + D to select none. The ribbon is now complete.
I am providing the script that I saved while writing this tutorial.