Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Twill Ribbon


This tutorial will show you how to make a twill fabric ribbon with a knobby weave in Paint Shop Pro.

1. Open a new canvas 3600 wide by 150 high.

2. Fill the canvas with a color of your choice (I used #7996bd).

3. Apply the halftone effect (Effects > Artistic Effects > Halftone), choosing an ink color that is a dark shade of your original color (I used #2c3c5e). To make broader stripes, increase the size. Use only even numbers.

 Halftone pattern = Line
Size = 8
Screen angles = 60
Use as overlay = Checked
Blend mode = Normal
Opacity = 100
Color Scheme = Greyscale
Ink = #2c3c5e
Transparent = Checked

4.  Duplicate the layer (Layers > Duplicate).

5.  Increase the canvas size (Image > Canvas Size) to 300 pixels in height.

Width = 3600
Height = 300
Top = 0
Bottom = 150
Left = 0
Right = 0


6.  Flip the layer (Ctrl + I).

7.  Merge the layers (Layers > Merge > Merge Visible).


8.  Apply the blinds effect.  Make the width the same value as the size as in the halftone effect.

Width = 8 (same as size value in halftone effect)
Opacity = 50
Color = Black
Horizontal = Checked
Light from left/top = Checked

9.  Add noise (Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise) .

Gaussian = Checked
Noise = 30
Monochrome = Checked

10.  Adjust > Blur > Average.


Filter Aperture = 3

11.  Go to the selection tool and make a custom selection.



Left = 0
Right = 3600
Top = 75
Bottom = 225

12.  Mirror the selection (Ctrl + M).


13.  Ctrl + D to select none.  The ribbon is now complete.

I am providing the script that I saved while writing this tutorial.


7 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know your site was featured on http://webescrapping.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Apr. 13, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this tutorial. I went a head and did one of these and it turned out great! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had a new tutorial here. I love the detail you achieve in this ribbon. You are an excellent teacher. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a lot of nice tutos ! thks :)
    but for this one I don't understand which filter to use :(
    and I even don't know if I have it and where to find it dawn :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! This is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete