Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Disco Ball Action

I think someone asked for the disco ball as an action, though I'm not entirely sure what a PnP is supposed to be. Anyways, I thought it would be simple to create the disco ball in Photoshop. It was fairly easy to make the ball in Photoshop, but the hanger took me a while to figure out since I'm not as familiar with the vector commands in Photoshop. I also discovered that changing vector shapes in Photoshop do not get recorded in actions. Why is that? Oh well, something to figure out on another day.


Here is the disco ball as an action. It is written in CS3 since that is what I have installed currently. I had to change some of the steps, so it doesn't really follow the tutorial anymore. Photoshop doesn't have a balls and bubbles effect so I really needed to substitute another filter. This appears to work with different colors, gradients and patterns, though you will need to have your canvas open prior to running the action since Photoshop doesn't allow you to fill with any open canvas.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 16 Aug [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 17 Aug [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 1 post on Aug. 17, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete