Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Girl Power Papers

I have been really sick and not doing much graphics as a result. I'm on the road to recovery now, but I still feel like death warmed over when I get home from work in the evenings.


The theme for Scrap Kit Challenge this month was Girl Power. Here is the itty bitty paper pack that I made for the group mega-kit. I used overlays/greyscale papers by MsBhvin Scraps for the papers with the hearts because I still haven't figured out paper design yet. I don't think that saving papers as jpg is a really good idea because either the papers are really big or there is lossy compression. These overlays were very speckly due to the compression and I ended up spending quite a bit of time fixing the pixels. I'm also not sure of the point of making papers. Why not just make seamless tiles? Most papers appear to be a repeating pattern.

I've floated the idea of doing a blog train at the end of the month after everyone has submitted their kits since we no longer have a website for downloading everything. Hopefully, this will come to pass and non-group members will be able to get everyone's portion of the kits.

I'm running behind on my kit design due to being sick. We were supposed to make fasteners last week. I think I'll just make a big elements pack and an alpha, of course.

2 comments:

  1. well thank you for the papers. Good luck getting caught up & getting to feeling better =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 18 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 19 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete