Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Computer Up, but Internet Down
I am going to try the Atheros driver that appears to show up on Google for the Belkin F5D8001 wireless card. Here are some notes for myself:
1. Go to
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm and download the
Windows Seven 32/64bits driver for the AR5008X.
2. Unzip the file into a folder.
3. Run the setup and install drivers.
4. Open the device manager and select non-functioning ethernet control device (Belkin).
5. Select Update Driver
6. Choose “let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
7. Choose Qualcomm .
8. Then, select the “Atheros AR5008X Wireless Network Adapter” from list.
9. Get a warning message stating that the driver has a problem because it is not signed.
10. Install it anyways.