Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Interactive Script Steps

When the execution mode button on the script tool bar is selected, a script will run in interactive mode. This means that the default for effects and other steps which have a popup is to display the popup so that the user can change settings.

When the execution mode button on the script tool bar is not selected, then the script will run in silent mode.  This means that the default for effects and other steps which have a popup is to NOT display the popup.

When a script is recorded, all the steps are automatically set to Default, meaning that they will run as interactive in interactive mode and silent in silent mode.  To force a step to be interactive even when the script is in silent mode, the step must be changed to interactive.  To change the way the script step will behave, it is necessary to edit the script.

First, select Edit Selected Script.


When the script editor appears, click the arrow next to default for the step that you want to change.


This will produce a menu with three choices: Default, Interactive and Silent. To force a step to always be interactive, select Interactive from the menu.  To force a step to always be silent, select Silent from the menu.  Silent is good if you do not want the user to ever change a setting in the step.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Spencer, Did I ever mention I hate scripts? You break it down into small bites and I still gag. I'll look at this next week and see if I can tweak my baby. Thanks for the description of those buttons I always ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Aug 11:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I actually understood this! Thank you so much for such a clear explanation. I have an alpha script I purchased several years ago - might be able to use it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this helpful info. For a long time Ive been trying to learn scripting.

    ReplyDelete